EtymologyFrom a language, compare Croatian bob.
- The Illustrated Gaelic-English Dictionary (Birlinn Limited, 1901-1911, Compiled by Edward Dwelly)
- A Pronouncing and Etymological Dictionary of the Gaelic Language (John Grant, Edinburgh, 1925, Complied by Malcolm MacLennan)
Bab can refer to:
- Báb, the founder of Bábism.
- Báb, Nitra District, a village and municipality in the Nitra District in western central Slovakia.
- Bab Ballads, cartoons published by W. S. Gilbert under the childhood nickname, Bab.
- Bab, Set, Seth, ancient Egyptian god.
- Bab (Gateway), Arabic word for Gateway.